Moving is a stressful occurrence, but choosing the right moving company can help ease the worry. A moving company will make the process easier on you and your family. Finding a moving company that you trust is essential. Follow the below tips when choosing a moving company to make sure you find the one that fits your needs:
- Look around a few different places for moving companies. Ask friends, ask storage facilities, google the area, and check Angie’s List. In Honey Brook Pennsylvania we recommend L&J Transportation Companies Inc.
- Make sure estimates mention appropriate licenses (i.e. carrier license, if applicable)
- Get a written copy of inventory on moving day from the movers.
- Some moving companies will charge for using their boxes/supplies-make sure there are no hidden charges that you didn’t want.
Packing your belongings is always part of the process when moving. The last thing you want to happen when you arrive at your new location is to have broken or damaged belongings. Below are moving tips to make sure your belongings arrive safely at their new home and to make the process easier:
- Label boxes with a sharpie or sticker labels. When you begin unpacking in your new home, you will find your belongings much easier!
- Use zip lock bags or small containers for parts, such as the bolts or screws from furniture. Attach the container/bag to the object it came from so that it’s easier to put back together.